ARN: Breakfast, Senior Producer – Sydney
Jonesy & Amanda on WSFM 101.7
ARN (Australian Radio Network) is one of the leading broadcasters in the country with ownership or investments in 12 radio stations nationwide. We are leaders in the 25-54 demographic. Across Australia our brands include – KIIS, Pure Gold, iHeartRadio, and The Edge96.ONE, which entertain and influence over four million listeners across Australia. ARN is an Here, There & Everywhere (HT&E) company.
ARN’s vison is to be the home of Australia’s most loved entertainment brands and have energised and intimate relationships with Australia’s most valuable audiences – everyday!
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic, and genius Senior Producer for WSFM 101.7 to join Jonesy & Amanda’s team. This role is responsible for creating engaging content for one of ARN’s key breakfast shows in Sydney. Given the nature of the role, please note this role requires early hours.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Filter and protect information – be the line of contact between on air talent and their listeners
• Develop questions and audio that might be required for interviews/guests.
• Update and maintain social media sites (facebook, twitter).
• Keep abreast of daily market news and community activity and assist with developing daily topical material for the show.
• Prepare studio for broadcast each day as directed by the Executive Producer.
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings including programming and planning as required.
• Assist with the production of “best of” shows.
• Set up and maintain a listener and ‘friends of the show’ database.
• When required develop relationships with publicists from movie companies, television, press and public relations companies.
• Always uphold and monitor broadcast standards.
• Answer phones in a timely and efficient manner.
To be successful in this role you will need:
• Screen and identify the BEST callers to go to air. Experience with Phonebox is desirable
• Generate and develop great content and segment ideas
• Be a brilliant and thorough researcher
• Be social media savvy
• Have good working knowledge of Nexgen
• Possess strong writing skills and an incredible eye for detail
Benefits & Culture
People enjoy working at ARN because it’s a fun, fast paced dynamic culture. Importantly you’ll be part of a dynamic and supportive team in the world of media and entertainment! The key benefits include:
• A bonus week of leave (T&C’s apply);
• Paid parental leave (T&C’s apply);
• Annual learning and development program including study leave;
• Employee assistance program.
You can find more about us at www.arn.com.au and connect with us via Twitter @ausradionetwork and LinkedIn/australianradionetwork.
If you would like to make a significant contribution to our continuing success, please apply via the Careers section on our
website. Applications close 3 January 2018.
Applications close: 3 Jan 2018