Audio Journalist – National News
Southern Cross Austereo has an opportunity for an experienced and passionate Audio Journalist to join our high performing National News team!
This is a sensational opportunity for a confident and motivated journalist who wants to further develop their career and is excited about providing our listeners with the most relevant, up to date news across several platforms including FM, DAB+ and Smart Speakers.
Based in our Perth newsroom, this is a role with plenty of variety. Your duties include reading national news bulletins and work into the evening prepping stories for network newsrooms and podcasts such as The Briefing and Your Morning Agenda. You’ll also be required to fill brekky, drive and local news shifts in Perth. Please note the successful candidate will be expected to work evening shifts as required.
Make no mistake, we are after the best. As the successful candidate, you must possess:
– At least two years commercial radio news experience
– The ability to produce accurate, punchy, and creative news bulletins targeted to SCA audiences
– A love of working in both a solo and team environment
– Excellent knowledge of news, current affairs, and sport
– Confident, conversational reading style which suits our brands
– Commitment to work different shifts
– Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritise projects of differing timelines
– Thorough knowledge of news operations and systems
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
– An active interest and demonstrated competency in digital news
Still not convinced?
The benefits of working for us are countless – to name a few we provide flexible working arrangements, a focus on work-life balance, special discounts – the list goes on!
Keen? Apply now by submitting your resume, cover letter and MP3 aircheck. Please note applications will not be considered unless accompanied by an audio file of your work.
Please note that SCA reserves the right to commence recruitment activities immediately and may close advertising once a suitable pool of applications has been received. So if you are keen, please don’t delay!