• Producer – Breakfast Show
• Opportunity to make a difference
• Join a fantastic team
We are very proud that we are Melbourne’s positive alternative. With over 1 million* monthly listeners, we play music that matters and provide a message of Christian hope throughout Melbourne. Community is our strength and our passion.
What we offer
We offer a fun & energetic workplace where our shared values & passion for our purpose govern what we do and how we do it. We offer development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference.
About this Role
We are seeking an experienced & results orientated producer to join our well renowned Breakfast Show. We are looking for a talented individual who can curate and communicate content and produce creative and engaging radio for our listeners.
Key responsibilities include:
• Produce daily the on-air Breakfast program
• Provide daily support to breakfast program including providing in-studio production support, managing talkback, interview guests and featured personalities
• Write, produce, mix and edit interviews and other elements for the Breakfast program
• Work with the Content Director to direct the sound of the breakfast program daily and develop story arcs, take a lead role working with the presenters to develop content, interviews, competitions and campaigns for the program
• Key leadership role in creating show form guide and Breakfast show listener events
• Operate the on-air computer system (NexGen) plus related systems in accordance with approved operational guidelines
You will be passionate about radio & connecting with our audience. You will live and breathe the LightFM format. You will be an initiator who will thrive on a high pressure and high energy environment. You will be willing to learn from your peers and some of the best radio minds in the business. You will possess an impressive knowledge of current affairs, local events and popular/faith culture that is relevant to LightFMs target audience.
Key Selection Criteria
• You will have significant experience in a similar role with a qualification from AFTRS or equivalent
• Extensive and high-level experience in producing key elements of programming sound
• An intricate understanding of the audience and strategic goals of a community radio station
• A proven background in demonstrating leadership within your role
• High-level interpersonal and motivational skills and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• A demonstrated ability to initiate and deliver on outcomes within a connected team environment
• Sound working knowledge and experience in operating digital broadcast systems and production equipment such as NexGen and PhoneBox
• Align with our vision & values
This is a unique opportunity to work within a highly motivated, passionate and innovative workplace. If this sounds like your perfect job and you get who we are and what we do, then we would love to hear from you. To apply – simply click here!
*Independent McNair Ingenuity National Listenership Study (NLS) survey July 2019