On Air Announcer
• On-Air Announcer – Prime Shift for 2020!
• Opportunity to make a difference
We are very proud that we are Melbourne’s positive alternative. With over 1 million* monthly listener’s, we play music that matters and provide a message of Christian hope throughout Melbourne. Community is our strength and our passion.
What we offer
We offer a fun & energetic workplace where our shared values & passion for our purpose govern what we do and how we do it. We offer development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference.
About this Role
We are seeking an experienced & passionate on-air announcer to join our weekday line up to create a fun and engaging show that connects and interacts with our audience. We are looking for a strong content curator who has exceptional skills in interviewing and can deliver impactful conversations with our listeners.
Key responsibilities include:
• Carry out a permanent live or pre-recorded on-air shift
• Create engaging content that resonates with our core audience demographics
• Be committed to the needs of listeners & be aware of relevant sensitivities including religious, political, social and current community issues
• Interact with callers and interview relevant guests and/or authorities as required
• Operate the on-air computer system (NexGen) plus related systems
You will be passionate about radio & connecting with your audience. You will live and breathe the LightFM format. You will thrive on a high pressure and high energy environment. You will be willing to learn from your peers and some of the best radio minds in the business. You will possess an impressive knowledge of current affairs, local events and popular/faith culture that is relevant to LightFMs target audience.
Key Selection Criteria
• Demonstrated experience as an “on-air” radio announcer
• A proven background in creating engaging on-air and digital content
• Exceptional oral communication skills
• High level of personal credibility
• Excellent customer orientation
• A strong ability to foster innovation
• Align with our vision & values
This is a unique opportunity to work within a highly motivated, passionate and innovative workplace. If this sounds like your perfect job and you get who we are and what we do, then we would love to hear from you. To apply – simply click here! https://app.brilliantfit.co/job/ZCNZR7
Please note applications close on 21st November 2019.
Light Melbourne reserves the right to commence recruitment activities prior to the stated closing date.
*Independent McNair Ingenuity National Listenership Study (NLS) survey July 2019