Senior News Producer
- Be a part of the Pilbara’s only Indigenous Media Radio Hub
- $60k per annum plus super
- Location: Roebourne, WA
About Ngaarda Media
Ngaarda Media offers a platform for Indigenous and Non-indigenous people across the Pilbara to tell their stories through radio, photography and videography. Ngaarda Media presents Aboriginal culture in an inspiring and meaningful way, across all digital media, to allow more people to experience the oldest living culture on earth.
About the Role
You will work alongside Ngaarda Media’s CEO as second in charge when the CEO is not present in a managerial role.
You will be a writer/producer for the daily Ngaarda News bulletin and breakfast program, and the weekly national Cultural Hour.
As Producer, you will need to be present during Ngaarda Breakfast Cultural hour and on-call for our volunteers.
As second in charge, it’s important you know the basics of producing, presenting and technical support to help train volunteers. You will also be a backup presenter as necessary.
Admin duties, interviewing, content recording and editing, presenting and producing is a shared effort so workload does not fall on one person. However, as we progress you will continue to learn about the operation and technical and administrative aspects of a radio station.
- 6:30am start
- Daily research, news gathering and interviewing
- Prepare and present distinctive, engaging and compelling content for the Ngaarda News, Ngaarda Breakfast program and The Cultural Hour weekly show
- Write articles
Be willing to work over time to cover events and corporate work
- We get 9 weeks off a year paid.
- NM closes down between Christmas and January the 25th. We don’t go back to air until the first week of February.
- Training opportunities will be available pending funding.About You
You have an opportunity to share your content creation skills and will be working with a successful team collaboratively under the direction of the CEO, making highly meaningful content and breaking stories in a unique environment.
- A highly motivated content maker
- Savvy with social media and online content and know-how to engage a diverse demographic of listeners
- Passionate about local current affairs, social issues, business, technology and culture
- Agile, and have a good knowledge of the Pilbara/Kimberley region as well as national and international issues
- A strong communicator to build relationships with people from a range of diverse backgrounds.Are you willing to:
- Help out with everyday admin duties that are required to run a media hub
- Learn photography, filming, editing Adobe Audition, Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere Pro and more to create content
- Support and train volunteers
- Present the breakfast program
- Contribute to the promotion of radio advertisements
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected]
We would love to see your work – upload or send a link.
For further information please Tangiora Hinaki 0438 104 539