Mix 102.3 helps to inspire environmental change with Soda’s Big Spring Clean
Mix 102.3 launched a state-wide community clean-up campaign this week; Soda’s Big Spring Clean.
The message was simple, Mix 102.3 encouraged people to stop whatever they were doing on Wednesday the 10th of the 10th at 10am and spend 10 minutes cleaning up their local environment.
Phone calls and social comments flooded into the station, with big brands and organisations including Holden, OTR and Precious Cargo Early Learning also getting behind the cause.
The idea for the campaign came to Breakfast duo Jodie and Soda, with the recent announcement that Adelaide’s Mayor Martin Haese is stepping down
So Jodie has been pushing for her co-host Mark “Soda” Soderstrom to become the “Unofficial Mayor of Adelaide” and Mayor Haese recently confirmed Soda’s position for the month of October.
Soda still has a number of initiatives planned for the rest of the month including:
- On Monday, small businesses are being given the chance to access free advertising on-air to Mix 102.3’s 300,000 listeners, to help pump up the economy in Adelaide.
- Free health checks for men and women will be offered across Adelaide.
- The station will assist a 12 year old who has potential to be a big sports star but just needs a helping hand.
- Mix 102.3 have guaranteed that one of their callers will win $5,000 – they’re going to keep playing their $5,000 minute game until it goes off this morning.
- The campaign’s sponsor City Holden are also working on something massive which will be revealed on the show soon.
Catch up on all the Big Spring Clean action below: