Ray Hadley just addressed workplace bullying claims on-air
Shock jock Ray Hadley has spoken publicly about bullying claims levelled by former Macquarie Media staffers on his top-rating 2GB Mornings show on Thursday.
He confirmed that the commencement of civil proceedings had begun in the NSW District Court.
“You might recall earlier this year I spoke in response to allegations made on social media by a former staff member who was a close colleague of mine for 15 years,” said Hadley. “He accused me in various public forums of bullying him.
“Yesterday I received notice that this former colleague is taking legal action in relation to those claims.
“Obviously, because this is now the subject of legal proceedings, there is not much that I am able to say at this stage.”
Read Hadley’s full statement on the 2GB website or listen below.
In April former employees of Macquarie Media went on-the-record and on-camera to air fresh claims of workplace bullying and intimidation by Ray Hadley.
Among the ex-employees was Chris Bowen, who as reported by Radio Today, shared disturbing allegations against the broadcaster on Facebook.
Bowen said on the ABC’s 7.30 Report that his relationship with Hadley was one of “love-hate”.
Within ten minutes of the broadcast #RadHadley was trending on Twitter, with Australian’s quick to join the conversation – including victims, journalists and media personalities.
Shortly after Bowen’s claims made national headlines, Hadley apologised on-air. “I’m sorry for any hurt I’ve caused him,” he said.
Macquarie Media then began an inquiry into the allegations.
Radio Today reached out to CEO Adam Lang to confirm the claims, and to see if the network planned to suspend the shock jock until an investigation had taken place.
“Regarding your query about a report that there is a new complaint about Mr Hadley, all claims and complaints received are handled by way of a confidential process between the person complaining, the person being investigated and the company,” Lang shot back in an email on April 5.