SCA election poll finds Adern is Australia’s preferred PM
Southern Cross Austereo surveyed over 6,000 listeners ahead of the Federal Election across the Triple M and Hit Network.
The survey asked questions around key election issues, as well as some of the lighter side of politics.
Here’s what SCA found:
- Health is the key issue, with 74% of respondents indicating it was the one issue that they were looking at closest.
- Most respondents indicated that NZ PM Jacinda Adern would be their preferred leader. Pauline Hanson came in second.
- Hanson was also the candidate that most respondents (19%) wanted to have a beer with.
- 50% of respondents said they were most sick of Clive Palmer’s United Australia Party advertising.
- Only 10% said they’d be tuned into the TV coverage on election night.
- 61% of people said they considered themselves swinging voters.
Triple M newsreader Seb Costello and Melbourne journo Nikki Markovics analysed the findings in a podcast: