Radio Today

B105 Brekky 'worst ever'

Lara Bingle has slammed B105's Breakfast show 'Labby, Stav and Abby' after an interview that she has described as being with 'the worst radio presenters I have ever spoken with'.

And whilst it would be reasonable to say that Bingle has had a love/hate relationship with the public, B105's Stav and Abby particularly didn't appear to have much fondness for her.

When Bingle made the comment that she believes reality shows humanise people, Stav was particularly blunt, telling her; "I'm not going to sympathise with someone who lives in an 8 million dollar apartment, that doesn't humanise you to me. I think it's ridiculous you have your own tv show"

When Bingle responded that he obviously wasn't going to watch it, Stav responded with "No I will, I need the ammunition"

The interview ended with Labby, Stav and Abby asking B105 listeners who 'don't like Lara' to phone into the show, following which Bingle tweeted "Labby, Stav and Abby on B105 are the worst radio presenters I have ever spoken with. They should be taken off air. No respect"

B105 responded saying "We didn't mean to offend you . . . pls come back soon."

What do you think?

Vote in our poll here: were the B105 show rude and disrespectful to Lara Bingle as a guest? Was the interview fair and is she fair game for the questioning? Or do you think they were a bit soft and could have gone harder?

Published on Published on Friday, 08 June 2012 11:00

Nuggsy (1:09am 08 Jun 2012)
The less exposure she gets, the better. How is she "famous" again?
Anonymous (1:43am 08 Jun 2012)
As much as I can't stand Lara Bingle, B105 are the dumb ones here - why even give her the exposure? If you want something to disappear, don't give it a platform! Don't watch her, don't publicise her, don't give her any exposure whatsoever! Sadly, I wont tune into B105 anymore if you keep talking about Lara Bingle. Lose-lose.
Maria Zanstonovic (2:23am 08 Jun 2012)
It's called bullying. No different to what happens in the school yard or workplaces which is unacceptable but on radio the so called 'talent' get away with it because its 'entertaining'
Matt Thomas (2:37am 08 Jun 2012)
I thought it was a FANTASTIC interview! Given that the subject matter has limited 'grey matter', extracting answers from her was never going to be easy. Labby Stav & Abby pulled something interesting out of thin air through good old provocation. Stav's questions were poignant to boot. Thumbs up B105.
Greg (5:41am 08 Jun 2012)
This was the very definition of bullying. I am no fan of Lara Bingle, nor am I a fan of people being treated with this amount of disrespect and nastiness. Unacceptable!
Gunner (The Wasp) (5:45am 08 Jun 2012)
Are you fair dinkum? She's selling herself in much the same way as Paris, she's riding the wave of stupidity, channel ten are hooking her dumbest moments, Lab n Stav play on it AND WACKO she's too dumb to not break character. She's a sell out at the cost of her reputation (if she had one). Here's a brekky show willing to help her and she's forgotten to play along. remember the act whoever you are, is what I'd have said in the meetig. Worsed TV ever, best radio ever. Plus - stav is funny in real life, who cares about her 'real' lif... er yawn.
Barry (6:30am 08 Jun 2012)
Dear Wasp, so many points, so little of it made any sense. If I could give you three tips; grammar, brevity and spell check.
Des (10:06am 08 Jun 2012)
Like so many alleged entertainers in this industry, these three "entertain" by either paying out on people, setting up easy targets or offering their listeners "5 minutes of fame" by running boring phoners. There are two points here. Labby, Stav and Abby are neither funny nor entertaining and the fact that there is a reality show about Lara Bingle shows how low television in Australia has stooped.
Anonymous (11:29am 08 Jun 2012)
Dear Stav...
I seemed to have missed what your actual talent is...or who gave you the right to judge other's talents (or lack of).

I'm sure you think your talent is being funny, but let me (and your dropping ratings) remind you that it is not.

At least Lara realises her limitations - Labrat's a wannabe Kyle Sandilands and you're a (very) poor man's Jamie Dunn.

When you stop running Gotcha Calls, and get an ounce of originality, then maybe you'll have a point.

Until then...
Anonymous (1:00pm 08 Jun 2012)
Anonymous, I don't like reading comments like yours. You seem to be quite malicious in your remarks, like you're objective is to hurt and offend, instead of objectively comment. Opinion is one thing, but don't be so aggressive. No need! :)
Anonymous (1:57pm 08 Jun 2012)
Anon... You're totally right about my previous comment - and that is the point.
The way in which Stav addressed Lara Bingle was not funny or clever - it was offensive, mean spirited and intended to embarrass and blindside her.

That's not what real radio talents do - so yes, sometimes the truth does hurt.
drex (7:52pm 08 Jun 2012)
Sorry, Who?
Andrew (10:53pm 08 Jun 2012)
I have to say that having pot-shots and belittling a guest to your show is no way to make the programme better or entertaining. It shows no professionalism and it makes the presenters appear as boorish bullies.

If Lara had asked why they were picking on her or hung up, I feel the presenters would be all self-righteous. Bad call guys, poor effort. Don't nit-pick guests!
Gunner (The Wasp) (12:41am 09 Jun 2012)
Hey Barry, too busy being the best to worry about those 3 things you mentioned, that's old person 'letter to the editor' stuff. But thanks for reading and re-reading my post in order to get a sense of what you felt some tips could be, selflessness and pensioner time management, I like that in a Barry.
As for Labby being a Kyle wanna be, so funny. We all shape who we are off others. Don't forget any of you, Kyle is number 1. Burns don't it?
Dingo and the baby over at the sheep shed will need Michelle back eventually, she was half funny - that's handy for a brekky show.
Barry (2:55am 09 Jun 2012)
Waspy I did have to re-read your post but only to try and understand it. I get grammar and spell check aren't a priority; just work on brevity. You're like the boring guy at a party who never shuts up, so if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get a drink.
TC (6:06am 09 Jun 2012)
Who are you miserable bed wetting wowsers, who think that interview was "bullying"? As Bob Francis would say, "you're all dickbags"!
And why is Labby getting flak, he was being nice to her? Jesus.
Stav's point is pertinent, she's answering a question that nobody asked. And as for living in a one bedroom apertment not being 'ideal' to shoot the show? Well, that actually would have been a bit interesting. And Radiotoday, context please? Stav was responding to her comment, that the show's purpose is to 'humanise her', and clearly his point was, an 8 million dollar apartment (which she doesn't actually own or permanently live in) hardly humanises her. Oh, and does slighlty transgress the notion of - 'reality'.
It ain't reality TV. It's a staged, scripted, mocked up show. Ok, Lara hasn't caught on to that yet, probably never will. Personally, I hope it rates its 'spectacular' tits off.
Editor (12:03am 10 Jun 2012)
TC, you make a fair point on the context of the 'humanise' comment from Stav. We have amended the article to reflect that.
jules (12:06am 10 Jun 2012)
Your right (tc) that labrat did seem to be on her side, but he could have been more balanced in the presentation rather than to be an enabler of stav and abby's clear bias against her. Nothing wrong with a bit of conflict, good for ratings, but this was needed balance as it ended up being lara being bullied. By the way I'm no fan of lara's and nor will I watch the show but she deserved a bit more respect or at least a headsup on the content rather than an ambush.
Gunner (The Wasp) (4:30am 10 Jun 2012)
Now that we've addressed the Elephant in the room and Barry's gone off for a drink with the other techs. Let's not forget, she shouldn't have a show, its a horrible concept and it doesn't seem she knew what she was in for, evident in the lack of response to the questioning. They nailed her because she's ripe for it, remember without ripping on people there would be no family guy, without sticking up for ya self they'd be no pay rises. Welcome to Australia, that's what we do here!
Anonymous (6:54am 10 Jun 2012)
wow. that was hard to listen to. as much as I disagree with her fame, that was a terrible ambush. I can hear the CD now- Stav you go hard, Lab you back off, and *forgotten her name* you kind of be a hard ass but not too much because we cant turn off mum with the kids in the car. Pathetic Austereo formulaic rubbish.
Anonymous (11:57am 10 Jun 2012)
The interview was as expected. I just wish all the media would just let this woman fade away. I can't even stand the adds.
Michelle (1:33am 12 Jun 2012)
There was no excuse for treating Lara or anyone with this people this amount of disrespect and nastiness. It was like an ambush. i really find this show just passable at the best of times..Abby has no talent and contributes absolutely nothing, I also really dont understand why Abby is actually on the radio show, she adds absolutely nothing and if anything has copied alot from other female hosts. She has no personality what so ever and if anything seems in need of counselling herself....Labby and Stav while an improvement on Abby are not much better and I really dont know why they have that time before neighbours because the whole skit is just really sad and amateur..... But really when you actually compare a reality show by lara and their show, while Im not a fan of reality I would have to say Id rather watch Lara.. I think in all its time to get fresh talent onto B105..

Page 1 of 2

Antispam Refresh image Case insensitive

SCA has a vacancy for a Technology Engineer based in Perth. Details

Got a question? Got a suggestion?

Email Radio Today's Editor Halesy anytime here.

Grant Broadcasters has a vacancy for an Imaging Producer based in Geelong. Details.

Nova Entertainment has a vacancy for a Casual Journalist / Newsreader for Nova 100 and Smooth 91.5 based in Melbourne.. Details.

Nova 100 in Melbourne has a vacancy for a Breakfast Show Audio Producer. Details.

ARN has a vacancy for a Sound Designer based in Canberra. Details.

C91.3 FM in Campbelltown has a vacancy for a Commercial Producer. Details.

2EC and Power FM based in Bega has a vacancy for a Radio Jounalist. Details.

ARN are looking for a Sales Manager for 104.7  in Canberra. Details.

Nova 93.7 Perth are looking for a Music Director.  Details.

Light FM are looking for Casual Weekend Announcers based in Melbourne. Details.

92.9 Voice Fm in Toowoomba has a vacancy for a Content Director / Announcer.Details.

Star 104.5 on the Central Coast has a role for a Sales Manager. Details.

The Capital Radio Network has a role for an Announcer in the Snowy Mountains. Details.

Mushroom Promotions has a vacancy for a Senior National Radio Manager. Details.

The Edge's Emily Goddard is moving to co-host breakfast on Snow FM in the Snowy Mountains. More.

Andy Robertson is now a Sales Account Director at Nova Entertainment. More.

Katie Bridges has been appointed Nova Entertainment's Adelaide Sales Director. More.

2GN breakfast host Craig Pritchard is now Program/Content Director for 2GN and Eagle FM. More.

Nova Entertainment has promoted Simon Joyce to the new role of Group Sales Manager. More.

Ryan Nicholls has joined Radio Goulburn as Eagle FM’s new breakfast host. More.

Darren Pike is now FIVEaa Direct Group Sales Manager after moving from Fresh 927. More.

Christian Hull from SAFM is joining national drive show Dan and Maz as their Digital Producer. More.

Adam Richardson is returning to 3AW and Magic 1278 as the Melbourne Sales Director. More.