CRA says Survey 5 to proceed as planned, despite lockdowns

Editor & Content Director

The upcoming radio ratings will proceed as planned, despite restrictive COVID-19 measures being implemented across the country.

The first wave of fieldwork for survey 5 began on May 23 and concluded on June 26. Many parts of the country have since been plunged into lockdown, however industry body Commercial Radio Australia (CRA) said the second wave – from July 11 to August 14 – will proceed as planned.

CRA said an increased proportion of respondents will complete the survey online where necessary, a contingency measure which was put in place by survey provider GfK after last year’s disruptions.

Radio ratings surveys were paused last year throughout COVID-19 lockdowns and uncertainty, and returned for Survey 6. Throughout parts of last year, all of Melbourne’s respondents were moved online and completed e-diaries.

Each year, more than 60,000 respondents are surveyed across the eight metropolitan radio ratings markets of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Newcastle, Canberra and the Gold Coast.

Radio survey five for the five capital cities (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth) is scheduled to be released on August 24.

Comment Form

Your email address will not be published.

Recent comments (1)
Post new comment
Rob
22 Jul 2021 - 12:31 pm

Who wants to bet $100 that 2DAY FM breakfast drops below 3% this survey?

Related news

Jobs

See all